Friday, July 5, 2019

foggy open mouthed

Been going out a lot lately and unraveling more and more. Saying too much or saying too little. No drama but lots of strong reactions from me and those around me. Was walking home with two bottles of wine when a skater hollered at me from the park benches across from my apartment. It took me a moment to find him in my memory but I found him. I met him with another skater who I had a short affair with. What a silly time. I should've kept it to myself but after sitting on my roof for an hour, I slipped that secret out about his friend and I. My friends who were all there on my roof with us seemed ambivalent about my open mouth - which I am sure they are used to. 
I did, however, refuse to indulge in heavy emotions earlier in the night amongst a vulnerable and weary crowd. There was some fog in the air that some wanted cleared - to know how I felt about a certain relationship in the room. But I kept my mouth closed and just pretended it was all rainbows and daisies like the midwestern housewife I can be sometimes. I then actually began to feel fine about the whole thing and the fog cleared. Now I know what to do ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment