Thursday, June 13, 2019

Ethan texted me the other evening asking if I wanted to accompany him to go hear Paul Auster speak in the basement at McNally Jackson over in Soho. I agreed only because I had nothing to do but also because I was hoping that Auster's wife, Siri Hustvedt would be there. Ethan likes Paul Auster and I like Siri Hustvedt. Ethan rarely ever reads anything I tell him to and I rarely ever read anything he tells me to, but after hearing Auster read a few essays from his new book, I was intrigued enough to buy a copy and have him sign it. When I got my book signed, I felt so silly, I couldn't really understand why I was letting this author who I've never read sign a book I had barely any intention of reading. I was genuinely just interested in seeing what my favorite author's husband looked like up close. 


No comments:

Post a Comment