Monday, June 10, 2019

Why I'm a Blogger now

On Sunday, in the late afternoon, I ran into a girl I know, Z, at Essex Market. I hadn't gone to sleep yet and she had taken ecstasy the night before and hadn't gone home yet. We both laughed about it while I waited for the cute deli guy to finish making my sandwich. We always get along and have ever since I was in high school. We decided to leave the market and go get a glass of wine. I love Z because we have the same sense of humor and have fluid conversation but we rarely ever plan to hang out. It's always a nice surprise. I had a glass of wine and she had soda water with bitters. We talked about a guy we both find attractive for about 20 minutes and then she told me she and her friend, N, were starting blogs and that I should start one too.

I don't necessarily have an agenda with this blog or any idea of what I'll use it for. I'm sort day dreaming about it becoming my trash can of thoughts because my real journal, my handwritten one, is much more private and manicured. This could be a good tool for me to simply just write whatever, whenever, with an understanding that there is potential someone else may read it without my discretion. I also want to get used to writing on my computer. I almost always write by hand. There is something exciting about that to me. The only people who read my journal are my best friends when I'm too depressed to speak for myself. The only people who see my paintings are those who stay the night because my only way of storing them is by hanging them. Even then, if I don't forget, I will take them all down before they enter my room. 

I do have a fun idea of just putting links to songs, photos, videos, etc. and also putting in some gossip I hear through the grapevine. I wonder if anyone's ever had a gossip column titled, Through the Grapevine? Sounds like something from the 1960's in Palm Springs. 

-m.


No comments:

Post a Comment